This work of art was a initially stained and polished by another contractor. The customer was told that polished concrete will never need a sealer or coatings – ever. Well, after years of wear, it needed a little help.
Polished Concrete Floors Still Require Maintenance
Grinding and honing concrete to a “polished” finish dramatically reduces the amount of time and chemicals necessary to maintain its appearance. But, they are not maintenance-free!
At a Minimum, Polished Concrete Floors Should Be Sealed
Concrete is porous and should be sealed with a penetrating sealer. Adding a clear coating after the sealer, will enhance its gloss.
Contact us with your commercial floor maintenance situation. We can help!
The following pictures are from a salon spa in Wayzata, MN.
10 Helpful Resources About Commercial Floor Maintenance
- What is Meant by the Term Self-Polishing?
- What is a Self Polishing Floor Finish?
- Is Buffing the Same as Polishing?
- Is Floor Polish the Same as Floor Finish?
- Is There Such a Thing as Floor Wax?
- What is a Floor Machine?
- What is (High Speed) Burnishing?
- What is a Commercial Floor Buffer?
- What is Dry Buffing?
- How Many Types of Burnishers are There?